The Senior NOC Engineer will be part of a highly skilled technical team working with Windows-based and Citrix virtualization products. This role will involve investigating, troubleshooting and solving complex customer technical issues on these platforms. The Senior NOC Engineer will provide customer support by managing the lifecycle of all incidents and service requests, as well as providing direction to the team. This is considered a high-level technical role requiring broad IT knowledge and SME level understanding in multiple platforms.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Working remotely from GTG’s NJ Office, diagnose and resolve both emergency and chronic problems related to availability, security, performance, connectivity and overall functionality
- Monitor heads-up displays, email queues, and ticketing systems, and take incoming calls
- Communicate with customers via telephone or written correspondence regarding technical problems identified, and manage relationships with those customers until the issue is resolved
- Monitor, document, and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Perform day-to-day network administration of customer environments including adding users, printers, and installing applications
- Develop and advise NOC Engineers
- Work with internal technical teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles
- Advise and update monitoring templates and policies
- Provide weekly status updates on outstanding tickets and current projects
- Maintain industry expertise by attending classes, learning new and evolving technologies and by attaining designated professional certifications
- Contribute to GTG’s vision and direction by helping improve the Managed Services practice
- Participate in GTG internal systems maintenance/upgrades
Must have experience troubleshooting and resolving issues with the following:
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop
- Web access to Citrix, esp. utilizing Citrix NetScaler technology
- VMware 5.5+
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS & DHCP
- Exchange Server 2007-2013
- Microsoft Office 365
- Backup Technologies
- Software and patch distribution and installation services
- Anti-Virus and malware protection solutions
- Peripheral devices, including network printers, scanners, etc.
- TCP/IP networking stack, switches, routers and firewalls
- Minimum of 5 years in a technical support position troubleshooting and resolving Level 2 and Level 3 support issues.
- Experience monitoring and managing service desk queues in a diverse environment including phone, web, and ticket alert initiation.
- Previous employment with an integrator/reseller similar to Gotham is a plus.
- Experience with complex Cloud or Enterprise Virtual Environments a plus.
- Experience with LogicMonitor a plus.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in computer science, management information systems or related field or equivalent experience
- Citrix CCP-V or CCE-V certification
- MCSE, A+, Network +, CCNA or other industry standard certifications