Gotham Technology Group, LLC is in the business of providing guidance and direction to IT professionals. With sales offices in Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York, Gotham serves clients based throughout the Northeastern United States, and delivers goods and services across the globe. Gotham has built its business and reputation on long-term client relationships, leveraging:
- More than 20 years' experience providing technology solutions to Fortune 500 companies
- Highly skilled technical staff
- Vendor partnerships with leading technology firms
- A defined project management methodology
Gotham Technology Group is also certified as a Great Work Place for 2021. See our prolife at https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7025230
Gotham offers competitive benefits including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off Days
We are currently looking for a Microsoft Azure Architect focused on the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of enterprise solutions. The Technical Architect will be responsible for ground-up builds of cloud environments, network and security integration with other datacenters, governance, IaaS, and PaaS including Azure Files and Azure SQL integration.
Candidates must possess experience with network security groups, VNets and subnets, private and public facing load balancers, and other key Azure architecture elements.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Host design sessions for Azure with customers, reviewing each applicable area, making a design recommendation, and documenting the architecture.
- Implementation of the designs, including creation of tenants, subscriptions, VNets, subnets, NSGs, routing, site-to-site VPN, IaaS servers.
- Migrations between on-premises environments and Microsoft Azure.
- Implementation of Azure for disaster recovery and high availability, including ASR, availability zones, and multi-region replications and failover.
- Automation with Azure, including Azure Bash and PowerShell (or other scripting languages), deployment scripts / ARM templates.
- Understand Azure limitations and quotas and how they affect the design.
- Experience with Azure security services such as Azure Policy, Azure Sentinel, Azure Security Center. Ability to map best practices in security to the design and implementation.
- Manage workload efficiently while being able to resolve time-critical situations professionally.
- Develop customer deliverable presentations.
- Provide subject matter expertise in reviewing Gotham staff Cloud project deliverables.
- Escalation point for other team members.
- Attend or participate in various product training sessions or classes in order to broaden skill set, obtain certifications, and maintain/enhance GTG's vendor relationships.
- Lab GTG core technologies for additional experience and in preparation of obtaining necessary certifications.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging cloud practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Work with other teams and the GTG Support Desk as required.
SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRMENTS:
- 3+ years of Azure experience with design and implementation of IaaS, VNets, and integration with existing on-premise data centers
- Experience working in enterprise environments
- Previous employment with an integrator/reseller similar to Gotham is a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, as well as outstanding oral and written communication skills are required
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in computer science, management information systems or related field or equivalent experience.
- Azure Architect AZ-303 / AZ-304 preferred
Base Salary plus Utilization & MBO bonus