Citrix just released a new version of the NetScaler. Version 10 adds many new features that increase scalability and functionality.
The key new features are:
- Clustering of appliances to increase capacity. This is huge! Instead of creating HA pairs that are active/passive, up to 32 NetScalers can be part of a single cluster that is active/active. The traffic is distributed among the cluster nodes to provide high availability, high throughput, and scalability.
- Action Analytics for real time traffic monitoring that can dynamically make policy changes to cope with the new dynamic enterprise cloud demands.
- Enhancements to DataStream to further extend Citrix’s lead in database load balancing.
- Greater performance from Web Interface on NetScaler along with greater customization.
- SAML support for AAA.
- Windows Gadget to monitor multiple NetScalers.
- SCOM Management Pack.
- Call Home - the appliance will automatically upload logs if a common error condition occurs. This works with registration with the Citrix Technical Support Server.
- Additional Web Interface customization through the GUI
Full release notes can be found here: