The NetScaler SDX platform is a combination of high performance hardware with a hypervisor tuned to take advantage of it. The solution offers direct mapping of specific components to virtual NetScalers, such as CPU, Memory, SSL cores, and NICs via SR-IOV. But Citrix teased us a while back that the SDX platform may also support workloads other than NetScalers. Citrix has now delivered, working with some third party vendors to offer new workloads on the SDX platform.
These are the available products:
- Websense Data Security Protector
- DLP appliance that intercepts traffic
- Works with the Websense Data Security Manager running on a Windows server to obtain policy
- Monitors and/or blocks outbound HTTP data based on policy
- BlueCat Networks DNS/DHCP
- Dedicated appliance to host DNS and DHCP
- Hardened server protects the internal and external DNS for exploits and attacks
- IPAM (IP Address Management)
- CSE SecureMatrix
- Tokenless one time password solution
- Authentication leverages images and patterns
The products above run as virtual machines on the SDX platform and have been designed to take advantage of the appliance to quickly deploy and provide the necessary performance to run.
Will Citrix add other workloads to the SDX? How about a XenDesktop 7 Desktop Delivery Controller? Or StoreFront infrastructure?
Contact Gotham to learn about how the NetScaler SDX can provide consolidation of multiple appliances, enhance performance, and reduce management for your enterprise.