When trying to run a shadow command from the XenDesktop Desktop Director, I received the following error message:
“Error: Failed to initiate Remote Assistance: You have insufficient permissions (Error Code 102)”
This is the same exact error message and Event Viewer entry addressed in Citrix Article CTX131350.
I will start out by sharing all the Citrix articles I used when trying to resolve this issue. These are good articles, and each piece of the environment should be checked.
The issue was still unresolved even after following all the articles mentioned above.
The Citrix Engineer working my case suggested the following steps, which fixed the problem:
- Install a Telnet client on DDC. Telnet to port 3389 from Desktop Delivery Controller (DDC). If it fails, enable the port 3389 and check.
- Enter PowerShell command line interface on DDC.
- Verify that the Citrix cmdlets are available by entering the following command:
- Enter the following command:
Set-BrokerSite -TrustRequestsSentToTheXmlServicePort $true
- Verify the trusts are set to True by entering the following command:
and look for the line
I hope the above information helps cut down on the amount of time required for you to find a solution.