Overview: This leadership position is dedicated to the development and growth of the Microsoft business at Gotham. The Microsoft Practice Director will provide vision and thought leadership to build on Gotham’s legacy of success and build a world-class Microsoft practice. The Practice Director will lead customer engagement, working with the sales and technical teams to develop and present solutions to C-level executives at Gotham’s clients and prospects.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working within the Microsoft partner ecosystem or for Microsoft itself. The Practice Director will have a complete understanding of the Microsoft commercial solution portfolio and will be well-versed in competing solutions. The position requires a strong leader who can readily articulate and negotiate the value of the solutions Gotham brings to market as a Microsoft partner. The position requires in-depth experience and an ability to effectively scale and tailor Microsoft services and solutions to a variety of use cases.
- Overall sales and delivery for the Gotham Microsoft relationship and technical service offerings, including project services, technical residencies, and managed services
- Develop service offerings aligned with Microsoft business goals and Gotham technical competency
- Develop and maintain key relationships at Microsoft and other ecosystem partners.
- Provide overall technical direction of the Microsoft practice at Gotham.
- Engage in presales activity with Gotham sales reps developing solutions in the Microsoft space.
- Leverage Microsoft funding programs to the greatest extent possible to fund Gotham services delivering on customer project initiatives
- Ensure delivery capabilities via Gotham internal staff and 3rd-party service providers
- Enable Gotham to resell Microsoft cloud licensing, associate as Provider of Record at joint customers, and resell Gotham Services via Azure Marketplace
- Lead client calls and demos
- Write and present complex proposals for customers and prospects
- Lead or attend on site project kickoff meetings
- Collaborate on resourcing and recruiting
- Attend industry conferences and participate in Gotham marketing events
- Enable Sales in Microsoft practice
- Mentor technical staff and contribute to staff training plans
- Supervise dedicated Microsoft Alliance Manager
- 10+ years of Microsoft or Microsoft Partner experience.
- Strong experience on traditional Microsoft Windows platforms, Microsoft/Office 365 and Microsoft Azure
- Understanding and ability to articulate market trends and the competitive landscape
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing a practice
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Engaging management and leadership style