The SE Level 1 will train via a variety of methods on GTG’s core technologies in order to become a full time field resource (billable) for GTG customers. Candidates must possess an IT focused educational background and a strong desire to become an IT consultant. Position will be Network and Security focused on implementation, upgrades and troubleshooting primarily with Check Point products. Will also work with products such as Symantec/Blue Coat, RSA, Cisco, Palo Alto and Citrix NetScaler appliances.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Train on GTG’s technologies (Basic Networking & Security, Firewalls, VPNs, Proxies, IP load balancing etc.) in order to gain certifications and prepare for field work with GTG customers.
- Work with GTG technologies in GTG lab for additional experience/preparation for obtaining necessary certifications.
- Participate in GTG customer projects, either as a “shadow” resource or as a billable one when possible.
- Gotham Support Desk, gain knowledge of technologies by assisting in maintaining the internal environment, providing end user support, customer support and assisting the Support Desk Engineers.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Assist with internal systems maintenance.
SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- IT related internships, help desk positions, etc.
- Interest in networking and security within large network environments and involvement with setup and administration of Firewalls, VPNs, proxies, IP load balancing, and content filtering.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, as well as outstanding oral and written communication skills are required.
- Candidates must possess an ability to interact comfortably with clients and adapt to changing schedules.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in computer science, management information technology systems or related field.