The Support Desk, Systems Engineer Level 1 will provide customer support by managing the lifecycle of all incidents and service requests. The individual will monitor heads-up displays, email queues, ticketing systems, and take incoming calls. Candidates must possess an IT focused educational background.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Train on GTG’s core technologies (Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, VMware, Microsoft AD & Exchange, Ivanti, Basic Networking & Security, Support Desk Ticketing systems and tools, as well as various other technologies in order to gain certifications and the knowledge needed to support GTG customers
- Work with GTG technologies in a lab environment to prepare for certification exams
- Track and understand emerging practices and standards by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Assist with GTG internal systems maintenance
SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE :
- IT related internships
- Interested in the setup, administration and support of large network environments
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, as well as outstanding oral and written communication skills are required
- Candidates must possess an ability to interact comfortably with clients and adapt to changing schedules
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in computer science, management information technology systems or related field.