Gotham Technology Group, LLC is in the business of providing guidance and direction to IT professionals. With sales offices in Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York, Gotham serves clients based throughout the Northeastern United States, and delivers goods and services across the globe. Gotham has built its business and reputation on long-term client relationships, leveraging:
- More than 20 years' experience providing technology solutions to Fortune 500 companies
- Highly skilled technical staff
- Vendor partnerships with leading technology firms
- A defined project management methodology
Gotham Technology Group is also certified as a Great Work Place for 2021. See our prolife at https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7025230
Gotham offers competitive benefits including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life Lock
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off Days
We are currently looking for a qualified candidate to join the team as a Systems Engineer 3 – Security (Palo Alto).
The Systems Engineer 3 - is proficient in designing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting the broad area of Palo Alto Networks Operating Platform. The SE 3 must have a strong understanding of network security and know how to make the best use of Cloud techniques to optimize the implementation and operation of SASE Platforms. Candidates must possess the ability to interact comfortably with clients and adapt to changing schedules and requirements.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Installation, configuration management and support of Network and Security related products as defined by Gotham statements of work and work orders.
- Work on-site or remotely to diagnose and resolve both emergency and chronic problems related to availability, security, performance, connectivity and overall functionality.
- Develop complex workarounds in addition to reproducing issues in-house as needed in order to restore functionality at customers’ sites.
- Manage workload efficiently while being able to resolve time-critical situations professionally.
- Attend or participate in various product training sessions or classes in order to broaden skill set, obtain certifications, and maintain/enhance GTG's vendor relationships.
- Lab GTG core technologies for additional experience and in preparation of obtaining necessary certifications.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Internal systems maintenance.
- Work with other teams and the GTG Support/Managed Service Desk as required.
SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 4+ years of relevant experience with networking within large network environments.
- Tunneling protocols such as SSL/TLS, IPSec, GRE
- Authentication methodologies, including 2FA, RADIUS, LDAP, AD
- IP Routing: BGP, Static, Network Address Translation
- Certificate Management
- Next-Generation Firewall capabilities, configuration, and deployment
- Experience deploying and configuring SD-WAN technologies, preferably CloudGenix and PanOS native environments
- Previous employment with an integrator/reseller similar to Gotham is a plus
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, as well as outstanding oral and written communication skills are required
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in computer science, management information systems or related field or equivalent experience.
- Palo Alto – PCNSA
- Palo Alto - PCNSE Certification a plus
Base Salary plus Utilization & MBO bonus