Gotham Technology Group is looking for a qualified candidate to join the team as a Systems Engineer 3 – Security (Palo Alto).
The Systems Engineer 3 is proficient in designing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting the broad area of Palo Alto Networks Operating Platform. The SE 3 must have a strong understanding of network security and know how to make the best use of cloud technologies to optimize the implementation and operation of SASE platforms. Candidates must possess the ability to interact comfortably with clients and adapt to changing schedules and requirements.
Description of Duties
- Installation, configuration, management and support of network and security related products as defined by Gotham statements of work and work orders.
- Work on-site or remotely to diagnose and resolve both emergency and chronic problems related to availability, security, performance, connectivity and overall functionality.
- Develop complex workarounds in addition to reproducing issues in-house as needed in order to restore functionality at customers’ sites.
- Manage workload efficiently while being able to resolve time-critical situations professionally.
- Attend or participate in various product training sessions or classes in order to broaden skill set, obtain certifications and maintain/enhance GTG's vendor relationships.
- Lab GTG core technologies for additional experience and in preparation of obtaining necessary certifications.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Internal systems maintenance.
- Work with other teams and the GTG Support/Managed Service Desk as required.
- 4+ years of relevant experience with networking within large network environments.
- Tunneling protocols such as SSL/TLS, IPSec, GRE.
- Authentication methodologies, including 2FA, RADIUS, LDAP, AD.
- IP Routing: BGP, Static, Network Address Translation.
- Certificate management.
- Next-generation firewall capabilities, configuration and deployment.
- Experience deploying and configuring SD-WAN technologies, preferably CloudGenix and PanOS native environments.
- Previous employment with an integrator/reseller similar to Gotham is a plus.
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, as well as outstanding oral and written communication skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in computer science, management information systems or related field or equivalent experience.
- Palo Alto – PCNSA.
- Palo Alto - PCNSE Certification a plus.
Total annual compensation range - $120,000-$170,000.
Gotham offers competitive benefits including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life Lock
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off Days
Gotham Technology Group is an equal opportunity employer.