Gotham Technology Group, LLC is in the business of providing guidance and direction to IT professionals. With sales offices in Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York, Gotham serves clients based throughout the Northeastern United States, and delivers goods and services across the globe. Gotham has built its business and reputation on long-term client relationships, leveraging:
- More than 20 years' experience providing technology solutions to Fortune 500 companies
- Highly skilled technical staff
- Vendor partnerships with leading technology firms
- A defined project management methodology
Gotham Technology Group is also certified as a Great Work Place for 2021. See our prolife at https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7025230
Gotham offers competitive benefits including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life Lock
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off Days
We are currently looking for a qualified candidate to join the team as a Systems Engineer Level 1 (SE 1).
As an SE I Virtualization, you will train via a variety of methods on GTG’s core technologies to become a full-time field resource (billable) for GTG customers. Candidates must possess an IT focused educational background and a strong desire to become an IT consultant. Position will be focused on Virtualization implementation, upgrades and troubleshooting primarily with Citrix products. Will also work with VMware, and Microsoft Products.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Train on GTG’s technologies (Basic Networking & Security, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, VMware, Microsoft AD & Exchange, etc.) to gain certifications and prepare for field work with GTG customers.
- Work with GTG technologies in GTG lab for additional experience/preparation for obtaining necessary certifications.
- Participate in GTG customer projects, either as a “shadow” resource or as a billable one when possible.
- Gotham Support & Managed Service Desk, gain knowledge of technologies by assisting in maintaining GTG internal environment, end user support, customer support and assisting the NOC Engineers.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging Virtualization practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Assist with internal systems maintenance.
SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- IT related internships, help desk positions, etc.
- Interest in Virtualization within large network environments and involvement with setup and administration of environments.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, as well as outstanding oral and written communication skills are required.
- Candidates must possess an ability to interact comfortably with clients and adapt to changing schedules.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in computer science, management information technology systems or related field.