The Systems Engineer Level 3 is focused on design, implementation, upgrades, troubleshooting, and pre-sales primarily with Check Point products. Large-scale enterprise deployments of firewall and proxy technologies. Candidates must possess the ability to interact comfortably with clients and adapt to changing schedules and requirements
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Design, installation, configuration management and support of Network and Security related products as defined by Gotham statements of work and work orders.
- Network/Security related product and project presales.
- Work on-site or remotely to diagnose and resolve both emergency and chronic problems related to availability, security, performance, connectivity and overall functionality.
- Develop complex workarounds in addition to reproducing issues in-house as needed in order to restore functionality at customers’ sites.
- Manage workload efficiently while being able to resolve time-critical situations professionally.
- Attend or participate in various product training sessions or classes in order to broaden skill set, obtain certifications, and maintain/enhance GTG's vendor relationships.
- Lab GTG core technologies for additional experience and in preparation of obtaining necessary certifications.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Internal systems maintenance.
- Work with other teams and the GTG Support/Managed Service Desk as required.
SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRMENTS:
- 5+ years of relevant experience with Check Point products (Firewall, VPN etc.)
- Experience with networking and security within large Enterprise environments.
- Previous employment with an integrator or reseller similar to Gotham.
- Must be comfortable presenting to senior management.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, as well as outstanding oral and written communication skills are required.
- Experience with Symantec/Blue Coat products a plus (Proxy SG, WAN acceleration, Packetshaping, etc.)
- Experience with Citrix NetScaler or other IP Load balancing products a plus.
- Experience with ForcePoint or RSA a plus.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in computer science, management information systems or related field or equivalent experience.
- Check Point CCSE or CCSM.