Throughout my years of IT consulting, patching servers and desktops has been a sore subject with customers. It’s always been something that is required, but in many cases not performed.
The benefits of patching in a timely manner include feature enhancements, bug fixes, and of course security updates. But for many of our customers, patching is time-consuming and resource-intensive, and gets in the way of IT teams focusing on more strategic and tactical matters. As a result, patches aren’t maintained, leaving these organizations at risk.
Gotham’s Patch Management as a Service (PMaaS) allows customers to outsource patch management to experts and eliminates the need for costly infrastructure related to patching. Our PMaaS uses a cloud-based solution to maintain patches in both cloud-based and on-premises infrastructures, and leaves no agents behind after patches are installed.
- Setup and configuration of the cloud-based patch solution
- Inventory of servers/desktops
- Normalization of patches to ensure all devices are at the current patch levels
- Configuration of server/desktop patching schedules
- Monthly patch management as defined by the patching schedules
- Installation of zero day patches
- Troubleshooting and remediation of patch cycle failures
- Monthly reporting
Our PMaaS team works with customers' ops teams to determine appropriate patch schedules and ensure that patches are installed following existing change control in order to minimize any impact on end users.
For more information on how Gotham’s PMaaS can help your organization keep up to date with this critically important task, contact your Gotham account manager.