The PCI Council has published a series of blogs on payment data security as part of their task force for small merchants.
- Back-to-Basics: Think Before You Click
- Back-to-Basics: Properly Configured Firewalls
- Back-to-Basics: Secure Remote Access
- Back-to-Basics: Use Strong Encryption
- Back-to-Basics: Keep Software Patched
- Back-to-Basics: Use Strong Passwords
- Back-to-Basics: Reduce Where Payment Data Can Be Found
- PCI SSC Shares Resources for Navigating Changing Payment Environments
- 8 Tips for Small Merchants: Protecting Payment Data During COVID-19
- Resource for Small Merchants: Firewall Basics
- Resource for Small Merchants: Glossary of Payment and InfoSec Terms
- Resource for Small Merchants: Common Payment Systems
While this information focuses on payment data, it represents security best practices applicable to all. Please review. Gotham Technology Group is ready to support your information security requirements.