Last December, Citrix released Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 1912 Long Term Service Release (LTSR), formerly known as XenApp/XenDesktop. Cumulative Update 1 was released last month with new features and fixes that are described in this article.
When Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 1912 LTSR was first released, customers using XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR were required to upgrade to Cumulative Update 5. However, the Cumulative Update for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 LTSR 1912 allows customers to upgrade from XenApp and XenDesktop versions 7.6 or 7.15 LTSR.
StoreFront Installation: The new release changes the way StoreFront can be installed by removing Citrix StoreFront installer from the Core Components page.
The only way to install StoreFront now is through the command line, using CitrixStoreFrontx64.exe (previously XenDesktopServerSetup.exe /components storefront).
Windows Support: The new Cumulative Update provides support for the Windows 10 May 2020 edition. It will not support any Windows Workstation versions before Windows 8 or server versions before 2012R2. For these versions, Citrix allows its customers to do the following:
- Upgrade to the latest supported Citrix Virtual Desktop Agent version.
- Continue to use the installed component version.
Click here for information on previous versions of Citrix and Windows OS.
Fixes: The new Cumulative update for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops LTSR 1912 includes 70 new fixes since it was first released late last year. Click here for the release notes on those fixes. A new list of features for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 1912 LTSR can be found in the feature matrix. Customers should aim to upgrade to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 1912 LTSR with Cumulative Update 1 because it covers eight Current Releases of features that increase efficiency, security, and optimization for customers using previous LTSR versions. Here are some of the great features offered in Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 1912 LTSR:
- Support for Windows 2019 VDAs
- VDA Installer enhancements
- Desktop Probing and Reporting
- Time Zone Redirection
- Support for Catalog Tags
- Windows Ink in Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Text-based session watermarking
- Multiple Restart Schedules for a Single Delivery Group
- SSL Print Job Encryption from VDA to Citrix Universal Print Server (UPS)
- Create Linux VMs with Machine Creation Services (MCS)
- 508 and FIPS 140-2 compliance
For more information:
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops LTSR 1912